The Union Home Ministry released fresh guidelines for the period of extension of the nationwide lockdown till May 3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his address to the nation on Tuesday has said that MHA will prepare a detailed guidelines that will set the ground rules for relaxation and other important issues between April 15 to May 3.
PM Modi indicated of withdrawing harsh measures of lockdown post-April 20 after an assessment of a particular area at the numbes of cases basis and the chance of the area becoming the hotspot for the Coronavirus depending on the number of positive cases. He thanked the countrymen for showing strength, determination and spirit to fight the Coronavirus and ultimately it has helped the country to avert the damage Covid-19 pandemic could have caused otherwise.
New Coronavirus Lockdown Guidelines: The details
These services will be fully-functional after April 20 according to news guidelines:
- All Medical facilities that include Aayush, health infrastructure related works.
- Agriculture and Horticulture related activities.
- Financial sector including bank branches and ATMs.
- MGNREGA related work
- Industries related to the production of essential goods, industries in rural areas
- Movement of cargos and essential items across the country.
- Public utilities such as oil and gas sector, postal services.
- E-commerce companies’ operations.
- Infrastructure projects such as construction of roads, buildings, irrigation projects including MSME in rural areas.
- Movement of private vehicles in case of any medical emergency. In the case of Two-wheeler, only driver will be allowed.
- Offices of departments under the government of India and its subordinates.
- Offices of state governments, union territories and their autonomous/subordinates.
In view of the experts, India needed to start opening up some economic activities as Coronavirus is not the only reason that can kill people. It vary from anything from hunger to other fatal diseases that require urgent medical attention and lockdown obstructs the causes. The decision of giving some relief in restrictions of the lockdown, with some restrictions after April 20 is a step seems to be in that direction.
Though, PM Modi has hinted that if people will show irresponsibility and try to put their community at risk from Coronavirus, the restriction will be reimposed.